- This event has passed.
Phipps’ Fall Flower Show: 125 Years of Wonder
October 13, 2018 @ 9:30 am - November 4, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$17.95
Starting Sat., Oct. 13, Phipps’ Fall Flower Show: 125 Years of Wonder will take you on a spectacular journey to experience some of the most magical, whimsical and beloved moments from Phipps history. Phipps’ celebrated chrysanthemums will bloom by the thousands to colorfully accentuate nostalgic displays inspired by different periods of Phipps history, from the 1890s to the 1960s and beyond in this unforgettable new show.
- Experience the newly-restored Palm Court, Phipps’ largest glasshouse room, complete with historic, crowning ogee, new panes of glass and ribbing, and admire the breathtaking centerpiece display that pays tribute to the conservatory’s founding with classic gold and white chrysanthemums and a large portrait of Henry Phipps.
- Laugh and enjoy a whimsical nod to Phipps’ most popular, beloved nursery-rhyme displays from the 1960s with special guest Humpty Dumpty in topiary form.
- Creep through a tribute to filmmaker George A. Romero as the glasshouse’s winding Serpentine Room is transformed into a Night of the Living Dead experience filled with spooky plants, bats, tombstones, a zombie photo op and photos of George with the legendary corpse flower at Phipps named in his honor.
- Explore a Sunken Garden bedecked in gem-toned blooms of dazzling topaz, amethyst and amber in homage to Pittsburgh’s glasshouse jewel.
- Sign the supersized old-fashioned postcard and share a favorite memory during your visit, joining the celebration to commemorate Phipps’ 125th birthday.
- Travel through time on a path of deep gold and red flowers as you explore a gallery of nostalgic Phipps photos.
- Enjoy bursts of color from Phipps’ thousands of signature chrysanthemums, including 800 vibrant disbud mums whose large, spectacular blooms take extensive training to achieve, plus a breathtaking variety of beautiful spray mums, cascades and more.