A 3-Day, 2-Night Tour
Everyone loves a good mystery! Explore the Laurel Highlands and keep a friend close by for when things go bump in the night. Visit historic castles, sip apple pie moonshine and make time to play in a corn maze!
- Brave the night during a candlelit ghost tour at Nemacolin Castle, a historic settlement.
- Sip apple pie moonshine at Ridge Runner Distillery, located along the National Road.
- Take in the gorgeous views from a hayride, sample wine, shop and enjoy lunch in a restored 1880s barn at Christian W. Klay Winery.
- Stop at Fort Necessity National Battlefield, one of five national park sites in the Laurel Highlands, the site of George Washington’s first military engagement and the location of the first battle of the French and Indian War.
- Visit Braddock’s Grave, the original burial site of the General. Alongside the grave is part of the original trail of Braddock’s Road.
- Wine and dine in a haunted historic inn, the Stone House Restaurant and Country Inn. Don’t miss out on a private tour to learn of the tales of travel and mystery that are forever held within the stone walls.
For more on Days 2 and 3, see original post…